Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Sun, Sand and bees!

Couldn’t find the right sentiment for this card, so I hand-lettered it! Dug into my scrapbook stash to find the cloud background paper and the sweet little sandcastle embellishment. The only thing missing in this scene… is me!!
Entered into
Artistic Inspirations Challenge- Summer Colors                        
     (artisticinspirationschallenges.blogspot.com.au)
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Summer Sunshine                         
     (simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge)
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge    
    (craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.com)

I am having so much fun CASEing cards in Poppy Power’s current challenge, “Copy a Bloomie” i.e. their design team members. It is hard to see the details in the photo, but I stamped the honeycomb by pouncing a golden yellow ink pad on bubble wrap and pressing it against glossy cardstock. My inspiration was provided by the talented Allison Kind! (Her card is provided below, too)

Entered into
Poppy Power- Copy the Bloomies                                 
    (http://powerpoppy.blogspot.com/2017/07/on-case.html)
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #290 Anything Goes              
     (wordartwednesday.blogspot.com)

11 comments:

  1. Such beautiful cards! The beach scene is too cute and those flowers are so pretty! Great work!

    Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are really doing a great job with the Power Poppy CASE'ing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your case is beautiful, that rose image is fabo to boot! Beautiful job. Thanks for playing in our Power Poppy July challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely GORGEOUS, Kathy! I love the yellows, too. Thanks so much for stopping by to share your art with us. It's a treat to have you play along, and I hope that you will join us again real soon.

    I've just become your newest blog follower. I would LOVE to have you stop by my blog and follow me as well. Let's by blog buddies! :)
    Karen Letchworth, Word Art Wednesday

    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com - My personal blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi again, Kathy. It's telling me "Error" and "Forbidden" when I try to follow. I think my computer is just being weird right now. I will definitely pop back by to FOLLOW you after I reboot my computer. I still hope you will stop by my blog to follow me. Thanks, Karen
      www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

      Delete
    2. Woo Hoo!! It worked! I will also tell some of my closest blog friends to stop by and follow you, too. If you stop by some other people's blogs and follow them and ask them to follow you, your numbers will grow quickly. Best of luck. I look forward to seeing more of your fabulous cards.
      Blessings,
      Karen
      www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Karen. I'll head to your blog as soon as I finish this. I am new to blogging, but wasn't sure about this "followers" thingee! Will check it out!

      Delete
  5. beautiful castle and perfect beach scene. Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inspiration Challenge Blog.
    Shylaa DT@AICB
    Adhiraacreations

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your roses are exquisitely colored!! Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards with pretty paper. Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge this month. Hugs Agnieszka chanya13

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!