Sunday, July 23, 2017

Post #101!

I can’t believe I'm starting on my next hundred posts! Don’t know why I was afraid of blogging for so many years. It's fun and not nearly as techy as I'd thought (Thanks, Blogger!)  Now, on to the cards for posting #101. 

Wanted to make another card using this sweet image that I recently won from Di’s Digital Designs. For this card I colored Izzy with my new alcohol markers and chalks (for her face) plus added polar flower soft to frame her beautiful little face and add some depth and texture.  
Entered into: 
Di’s Digi Stamps- Christmas in July  
    (disdigidesignschallenge.blogspot.co.uk)
CAS-usal Fridays- Christmas in July                             
     (cas-ualfridays.blogspot.com)
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge2- Extra for July  
     (craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk)
Deep Ocean Challenge- Christmas in July                    
     (deepoceanchallengeblog.blogspot.com.au)
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge                                        
     (craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk)

My next creation was inspired by Pinterest (http://www.stampingyearround.com/2012/03/pyramid-card-basic-construction.html)  Cut the base from white swirl vellum then added assorted glittery snowflakes (although you can't see that bling in this photo, but I think they will sparkle a bit when the tea light flickers inside.) Developed the sentiment on my computer printed it off on vellum- with blue ink- cut it into a circle and mounted onto snowflake scrapbook paper. (You can see the snowflakes if you click the photo to enlarge it). Will be sending it to my sweet MIL when winter arrives. (That gives me time to buy a battery operated tea light for her to tuck inside.)
Entered into: 
Simon Says Monday Challenge- Get in Shape               
     (simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge)
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #292-293 Anything Goes                    
     (wordartwednesday.blogspot.com)
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge    
    (craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.com)
Simon Says Works It Wednesdays Challenge-Add Sparkle       
    (simonsaysstampblog.com/blog/category/events/work-it-wednesday)

For this week’s Simon Says Wednesday Challenge I used a  6x6 book of Disney paper and pocket cards. Paired the background paper, “Wish upon a star” sentiment card, a silhouette that I fussy cut (a bit of work, but I do like the result) with a bow and little silver charm. Ahhh… magic!
Entered into:
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Seeing Stars                     
     (simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge)

Have loved the Summer challenges during these past few weeks. This time I used an old Hero Arts stamp (still mounted on wood so I know the company name!). I stamped and colored a few of the images. So tried them out on different colored backgrounds. I think I like the black one best because the contrast with the bright red strawberries makes them pop!

Entered into: 
Artistic Inspirations Challenge- Summer Colors                        
     (artisticinspirationschallenges.blogspot.com.au)
Cute Card Thursday- Summer Colors               
     (cutecardthursday.blogspot.com) 


9 comments:

  1. Congrats on over a 100 posts! Love the cute Izzy card. The flower soft is the perfect addition to this card. I have some around that I've never used!! Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing your card over at the Casual Fridays Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your first 100 posts! This card is so sweet, I love your colors and coloring! Thank you for joining In the Word Art Wednesday fun! Ginny M DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous set of cards Kathy! all of them are fabulous! I love how you make the pyramid one, very beautiful and "oh' Mickey, he is awesome! I am so impressed with your fussy cutting!! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute girl, gorgeous card! Thanks for joining our Christmas in July here at CASual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many great projects! Congrats on your hundred posts! Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyHazelnut's Patterned Paper challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at this week's Cute Card Thursday Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card..... Thanks for joining us at Di's Digi Designs Challenge and using one of Di's images:)
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for entering all of my Craftyhazelnut's challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kathy! Congratulations on exceeding your own expectations and heading towards 200 blog posts. I know you'll do it. I'm so grateful that you continue to share your lovely cards in our challenges. I always love visiting and seeing your creativity. Have a fabulous week!
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!