Sunday, July 30, 2017

Overcoming Stampers Withdrawal

I have been at a federal meeting in Washington DC all week and was going into stamping withdrawal! Returned Saturday afternoon and was able to spend many wonderful hours in my craft room until well into the evening (actually until the wee morning hours) and am feeling much better. Ahhh. Life is good!

Recently won this adorable image from Bugaboo Stamps (catchthebugblog.blogspot.com) and couldn’t wait to play with it! Challenges at AAA Cards and Victorine Originals provided the perfect opportunity! The inside greeting, that I found on Pinterest and created in a Curls font, is a great match for the playful image. Am entering it into a Rainbow Challenge at AAA Cards, and a photo inspiration challenge at Victorines Orginal (I was inspired by the rainbow colors of crayons in their Back to School Challenge.)
I also provided a close up to show that I added muted colors, and white gel pen highlights, on Uni's main and tail. Forgot to add sparkle... but am thinking I'll do that, too, so that it is a perfect fit for the sentiment.


 
Entered into: 
AAA Card Challenges- #95 Rainbow             
   (aaacards.blogspot.com/)
Victorine Challenge- Back to School      
    (vostamps.blogspot.com)                            
We Craft Cards Monday Challenge- Animals                   
     (wecraftcards.com/forum)
Cute Card Thursday- - Anything Goes                          
     (cutecardthursday.blogspot.com) 

I’ve always loved the crisp look of B&W cards. This challenge required a pop of color. Love the result.
Note- the "You" wasn't stamped, but was printed from my computer. I font a font that matched the die cut perfectly!
Entered into: 
Double D’s Challenge- B&W&A Pop of Color
    (daranddiane.blogspot.com)
CAS-usal Fridays- Dies only, No stamps                           
    (cas-ualfridays.blogspot.com)
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Anything Goes                  
     (simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge)

Had fun making this card using scraps of patterned paper and scalloped strips cut from the edge of a square placement doily. It provides a nice edging for this pretty card. I also cut a small flower from the patterned paper to add to the sentiment card (from a pocket stamp packet.) I think it ties the card together. And the Hot Pink makes it rock!
Entered into:
Bugaboo Stamps- 3 Layers, Scallops and Hot Pink 
    (catchthebugblog.blogspot.com)
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge    
    (craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.com)
Simon Says Monday Challenge- You’ve Got the Edge                           
     (simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge)

I love the look of watercolor, but don’t think I will ever “master” it. I’ve taken a few classes and the instructors tried to help me to overcome my tendency to overwork the paint and get a muddy/cloudy look. So this card was a challenge to make. I used a scrap of watercolor paper for the sky (chalk and cloud template) and ocean (sponged the water, then dragged a paint brush across the ink pad and added depth in the “waves.” Ripped the bottom of the card at an angle, distressed it with a distressing tool, and mounted it on Kraft brown card stock for a beachy look. Finished by writing the sentiment with a white gel pen (shadowed with tan marker), highlighting the tops of the waves with a white gel pen, adding a few "starfish" and a star charm on a strand of golden thread. 


Entered into:
Deep Ocean Challenge- A Day at the Beach                
     (deepoceanchallengeblog.blogspot.com.au)
Di’s Digi Stamps- Just Add Water    
    (disdigidesignschallenge.blogspot.co.uk)
Artistic Inspirations Challenge- Anything Goes                          
     (artisticinspirationschallenges.blogspot.com.au)

18 comments:

  1. I love the patterned paper you used on your card and the pretty pink colors. The beautiful edging on the card is perfect for our "You've Got The Edge" challenge. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Unicorn is ADORABLE! LOVE the rainbow! All your other projects look fantastic as well! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Victorine Originals! I hope you continue to play along with all our challenges! Have a Fabulous Day! :)

    Theresa (Victorine Originals DT)
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't beat a unicorn in my opinion and with all the rainbow colours yours is delightful. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. rainbows and unicorns go together in my opinion. Thank you for playing with us at AAA cards

    ReplyDelete
  5. All 4 cards are fun, Kathy, and each so different from the others. I enjoyed checking them all out! Thanks for sharing your work with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet unicorn with her rainbow hair! Thanks for sharing with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards! Sorry for the late comment ... life has been crazy lately! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Black & White with a POP of Color’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations Louise DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore that darling unicorn!! Such a fun idea to have him sitting atop the rainbow! :) Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an adorable unicorn card! The rainbow plays well with the Victorine Originals Inspiration Board. Thanks for playing along and I hope you'll join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OhEmGee that Unicorn!! I have the same digi, love the colors and your take on our inspiration board. Thank you for joining us at Victorine Originals Challenges, I hope you join in again as I look forward to seeing more of your projects

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute, cute, cute! Love your coloring job! I need that sentiment, it's awesome! Thanks for joining us for the Victorine Originals back to school challenge! Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness! I am totally loving all your cards! Thank you for joining us at Victorine Originals.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous bunch of cards!! That unicorn is adorable, it might have to go on my wish list! And the sentiment is too fun! And while you think you aren't very good at the water colored look, I think your beach card is fabulous! Everything looks perfect to me. The torn edge at the bottom is perfect for the look of waves crashing on the beach! Thanks for playing with Di's Digi Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Who can resist a rainbow unicorn, I know I can't. Such a cute card. Thanks for joining us at Victorine Originals

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy you got some time to create. Love your soft rainbow. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute & simple card! Thank for playing with us at Di's Digi challenge.
    Nathalie DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so very much for playing along with our Recipe Challenge at Catch the Bug! I love your projects! We appreciate your support and hope to see you again very soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!