Monday, July 17, 2017

Diving into my Treasure Trove

Bugaboo Stamps is celebrating a Christmas in July event with daily challenges! Here is my entry for Day 3 (July 17). I tried to come up with an unusual way to use the sweet snowman image. Then found this rub on image in my stash. The saying, "Love you THIS much" fit perfectly in his outstretched arms, er, twigs! Just bought a bag of summer tags at JoAnne's and one of them worked perfectly for this challenge. 
Entered into:
Bugaboo Stamps- Christmas in July (ABC-Wrap, Bag or Tag)) 
      (catchthebugblog.blogspot.com)

This is one of the first Stampin’ Up sets I bought nearly two decades ago… and is still one of my favs. I especially like the rich look of SU inks, Ivy Green and Vintage Wine, on tan parchment paper. Using a ruler and Tombow Marker I framed the scripture verse to make it center stage. Since there is a lot of white space (or in this case tan parchment space!) and it went together pretty quick and easy I hope it qualifies as a CAS card. 
https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fsimplylessismoore.blogspot.com%2F2017%2F07%2Fchallenges-336-337-olc-coloured-cardbase.html&h=ATO8Y-LvUFmzzeMjRgkmh3hh-gRjypdDLgXmbwY2i8t3EudarNAY8GPuAksNuERzp-sqAEYnihKbFpNxiBgUcIg1v-SgGiMd7DjNDehSeKEl2udi2tKSDp7OCSTWwq3cKWAk8KieEBT63Uu6PD2bzv7EV2I
Entered into: 
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #290 Anything Goes              
     (wordartwednesday.blogspot.com)
AAA Card Challenges- #94 A Collaboration           
   (aaacards.blogspot.com/)
Less is More Challenge- Colored Card Base            
    (simplylessismoore.blogspot.com)

This card is another entry into Poppy Power’s current challenge-“Copy a Bloomie” i.e. their design team members. This one was inspired by the card posted below that was created by the talented Julie Koerber! (Her cards challenge me to use bolder colors and in work… and to invest in some Copics. My budget doesn’t allow this at present, but I’m saving up!) Note- Julies card that I CASEd is posted below. 
The Christmas disks are actually gift tags that I bought at the 75% off after Christmas many years ago. Colored them with Tombow markers, and trimmed them down to work perfectly for this challenge.

Entered into: 
Poppy Power- Copy the Bloomies                                 
    (http://powerpoppy.blogspot.com/2017/07/on-case.html)
CAS-usal Fridays- Christmas in July                                 
     (cas-ualfridays.blogspot.com)
Deep Ocean Challenge- Christmas in July                    
     (deepoceanchallengeblog.blogspot.com.au)
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge                                        
     (craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk)
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge2- Extra for July  
     (craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk)

This card is for my final entry into Simon Says Plaid challenge. Has been a fun challenge as I found that I have a lot of plaid papers… and also like to make my own. This card features a Ziggy sticker from a sheet of stickers that I’ve had forever. I fussy cut around the sticker to get rid of the excess white salvage. (Learned that fussy cutting stickers is a bit tricky… or should I say sticky?!) The hearts were fussy cut from a ribbon scrap. Also a bit tricky to cut out. Am finished fussy cutting for a bit. Ha! Like that will ever happen.  I think that I actually fussy cut in my sleep. When I was young my mom used to tease me about how much I liked to use scissors. Actually, if I remember correctly, “someone” got into big trouble for using Mom’s quilt scissors on paper. Who knew that was an action that brought about strict sanctions? A scissor is a scissor right? Wrong! But I digress… here is my card. (PS- The inside of the card reads, "But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.") 
Entered into:
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Use Plaid                          
     (simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge)
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge    
    (craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.com) 

13 comments:

  1. Lovely cards! I adore the vintage tones of your first one for our coloured card base challenge; so rich and evocative. The stamps are gorgeous. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Esther, I've never had one of my cards called evocative before. I like it! And thanks!

      Delete
  2. That frame in your CAS card is so perfect -if I try to imagine the card without it, it would look completely different. Fabulous idea! Beautiful stamps too and I love your placement for the images. Thanks for joining us at Less Is More Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous vintage colours and look to your card. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice Christmas card. I love the gold embossing. It really creates a holiday look about the card. The sentiment is wonderful. Love the words and the font. Thanks for sharing your card with everyone over at the Casual Fridays Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely card, love the foiled accents.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful cards. Thanks for joining us at CHNS patterned Paper Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards! Love how you framed the verse in the first card and who doesn't love ziggy :) Thanks for playing with us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty framed sentiment. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute tag and love the image and sentiment. So glad you shared and played along with us at Catch the bug for our CIJ.

    Billie A
    Catch the bug
    Inspiration Destination
    Creative with Stamps
    Aud Sentiments
    Paper Play Sketches

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards. Thank you for joining in the Anything Christmas challenge at CHNC Extra for July.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cards are wonderful! I love the tag you created and that sentiment is great! And I love the Ziggy card! He was one of my favs when I was younger! Thanks for playing our CAS-ual Fridays challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!