Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Favorite Verse Isaiah 58:8

Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard. Isaiah 58:8

I love this scripture. Makes me think of one of those wonderful scenes in Lord of the Rings or Narnia. As the music swells, you see your Champion, the King of Kings, coming to your rescue! Your enemy runs at the mere sight of him. His power and majesty surrounds you. Yet he speaks with tenderness as he leans down, draws you gently into his arms and says, ”Oh my beloved, it is over. You are safe now. Everything is going to be okay.”  You nestle into His embrace as He whispers, “I love you, child.” Slowly but surely, after the dark night, the healing comes… and joy returns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!